Friday, July 20, 2012

Tuscan bean and sun-dried tomato burger






Tuscan bean and sun-dried tomato burger

1 15-oz cannellini beans (or other white beans), rinsed and drained
6 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp Italian seasoning (or dried oregano)
salt to taste 

Soak sun-dried tomatoes in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and finely chop. 
In a medium bowl mash beans and mix in the rest of the ingredients, using your hands to blend everything well.  
Let sit 20-30 minutes. Form four flat patties and cook on a non-stick skilled over medium heat (I did not use any oil, but you can grease the skillet using cooking spray). Cook 5 minutes, flip carefully and cook another 5 minutes. Serve in burger buns with your favorite veggies and condiments.


This recipe makes 4 burgers (around 121 calories per burger) 


3 comments:

  1. NOM! This looks amazing and such simple ingredients. I will definitely be hitting the stores for your cookbook when it comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support and your kind words! If I get my cookbook published, I would be honored if you could be my official recipe tester.

      Delete
  2. I am a burger lover and this might be a new version for me to try.

    ReplyDelete