Sunday, November 21, 2010

Beanylicious Dip




I got a giant (5 pounds) bag of organic carrots and about 3 pounds of celery yesterday. I decided to have some for a dinner tonight and juice the rest later. Since I ran out of hummus I had to make my own dip. I wanted to do something different then hummus so I left out the usual sesame tahini, added some fresh parsley and swapped the chickpeas for white beans.

Beanylicious Dip

1 15-oz can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1-2 Tbs water
salt to taste (optional)


Place all ingredients in a blender or a food processor and puree until smooth.




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great bean dip! I've got lots of celery and carrots in the fridge too. Gotta juice 'em up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look great, I will have to make it soon! Possibly for a Christmas appetizer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like they will be awesome! I can’t wait to try them. :)

    ReplyDelete