Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mock Chicken Cordon Bleu



Kristi @VeggieConverter recently tweeted about her Vegan Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe. Her recipe inspired me to create this amazing and fancy dinner tonight. Surprisingly it was very easy to make. I decided to tweak the directions a bit and I used a different type of vegan bacon.
I sauteed Gardein Chick'n Scallopini in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes per side. I fried Lightlife Smoky Tempeh Fakin' bacon until the edges were brown and crispy. I topped each Chick'n Scallopini with Fakin' bacon and Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds and baked that for about 10 minutes on 400 F. The cheese melted nicely. The flavors blended so perfectly, I felt as if I was eating a fancy meal at a European restaurant. Next time I will also add sauteed mushrooms on top.





11 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my website! If you'd like you can become a follower, and i'll follow yours too. Love daiya cheese, isnt it the best?? Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good.I think you have inspired me to try and make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Michele Thank you for reading my blog. I am now following yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @T Thank you. I wish I was at least half as talented as you when it comes to writing, my blog would be more fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like my hubby would be blissed outon this

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Get skinny, Go vegan: my omni husband loved it very much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really good! I've been looking for vegan recipes (currently vegetarian, considering veganism), so I may give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ali These three companies mentioned above make amazing vegan products making the transition from vegetarianism to veganism easy. Let me know if you need any help or advice on your vegan journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gauri Radha गौरी राधाJune 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM

    Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI: vThat's not chicken cordon bleu it's a chicken club without the bread. Try making it with vegan ham instead that's cordon bleu.

    ReplyDelete