Friday, June 17, 2011

Shelly's 9th birthday


Today was a very special day. My English Cocker Spaniel Shelly was celebrating her 9th birthday. And what would a birthday be without a cake, or in this case a vegan cupcake?
I made her cupcake using the strawberry cupcake recipe from the Happy Herbivore's cookbook, but instead of vanilla frosting with strawberries I frosted her cupcake with her favorite peanut butter. She went for the frosting first, of course :-)


I got her a cute present, a doggie donut with miniature cupcakes :-)




And daddy got her a squeaky quail that sounds like a duck :-)





Shelly enjoyed her birthday cupcake and gifts very much. Am I a dork for making a birthday cupcake for my dog? Am I crazy for celebrating my dog's birthday? Do you celebrate your cats and dogs birthdays?


10 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful dog! She deserves a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is adorable! She looks like such a sweetie. I hope those stuffed toys last a while, I know with our Shiba they are gone by the end of the day (sadly, he does not value his toys much!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ruby June Thank you :-) Shelly is very good with her toys, she is gentle and her toys last many years. We have a basket full of toys, some are 7 years old :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i enjoy your blog, good stuff! thanks for stopping by mine too. i'm your latest follower :)

    ~ Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rick Thank you for the follow :-) I am glad you like my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiii dear, you have amazing blog!! I'm so happy I found you!! Now I am your new follower ;*** Petra Puzova

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Petra Thank you :-) I am following your blog now :-)

    ReplyDelete