Monday, May 9, 2011

Roasted lemon pepper asparagus


I love asparagus! I love it grilled, steamed, sautéed, and roasted. I love it in risotto, soups, warm salads, as a side dish, but most of all, I love eating it by itself with some lemon juice, salt and black pepper. This is a very easy and quick method that creates mouthwatering results. You can eat it warm, fresh out of the over, or cold the next day.


Roasted Lemon Pepper Asparagus

1 pound fresh green asparagus, the bottoms trimmed about 1 inch of each stem
1-2 Tbs olive or canola oil
juice from 1/2 lemon (or more if you want tangier flavor)
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 500 F. Lightly grease large baking sheet. Rub each asparagus stem lightly with oil and lemon juice and place on baking sheet, in one layer. Season with black pepper and salt.
Bake 5 minutes. Flip asparagus (using tongs or a fork, be careful not to burn yourself) and bake 5 more minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I love asparagus too! Not least because it is so easy to prepare and so tasty you don't need to do much to it. I actually bought some today that I'm planning to make into a delicate spring soup :)

    ReplyDelete