Monday, December 26, 2011

Marinated Collard Greens


This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite salads at Whole Foods hot/cold bar. Recently, I decided to start eating healthier and adding more unprocessed, whole foods into my diet. This is an amazing, delicious and pretty healthy raw salad. It is addictive :-)

Marinated Collard Greens

1 bunch of collard greens (about 8 large leaves), tough stems removed
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs Tamari sauce
salt and black pepper to taste

Cut collard greens into 1 inch thick, long strips. Place into a large bowl. Add red bell pepper and onion, and mix well.
In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, Tamari sauce, and minced garlic. Pour over the collard greens and veggies. Using your hands massage the dressing into the veggies well.
Refrigerate at least an hour before serving, or overnight.



9 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, I am going to have to try this out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I love raw kale but I need to eat collards as well. I usually eat them as a wrap but this is so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them as a wrap few days ago and yummy! I got that idea from you, thanks!

      Delete
  3. I ate marinated collard greens from Whole Foods for my first time yesterday, and started looking for a recipe this morning. Looks exactly like what I was trying to find - thank you for figuring it out and sharing! I hope to try it out SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying marinated collards from Whole Foods now for over a month, I can't get enough of them! Sure hope this is THE recipe.....can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! Hope you like it! It is cheaper than the Whole Foods version :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing! This was absolutely delicious. I was looking for Whole Foods' recipe which is how I came across yours. It was exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete