Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Bread


I found some leftover dried cranberries and an extra can of pumpkin puree in the pantry today. I haven't baked anything in few days so I decided to put together an easy and quick cranberry pumpkin bread. You can add some chopped walnuts of almonds if you want, but I didn't have any at the moment.



Cranberry Walnut Pumpkin Bread

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 15-oz can 100% pumpkin puree (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup oil
1 Tablespoon molasses
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients, except for the cranberries.
In a medium bowl combine together all the wet ingredients (I used fork to blend it nicely).
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix, until well-blended. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts and mix a little more.
Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top with spatula.
Bake 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.

"Yummy Yummy"


7 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin and cranberries together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Looks great! I am coming over to get a slice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it might help if you could give the approximate number of servings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a beginner with breads, how long do you knead by hand? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out fabulous! I don't like canned pumpkin so I used the fresh I keep stocked in my freezer. I thaw it in a strainer so the excess water drains out without squeezing it. Use the same amount as in recipe.

    Zia
    You won't believe this Ford 7.3 Injector

    ReplyDelete