Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter lunch at World Peace Cafe




I took my husband and my friend Melissa to World Peace Cafe for Easter lunch today. World Peace cafe is "a peaceful oasis in our busy city".


World Peace Cafe in one of my favorite vegetarian/vegan restaurants. I love eating there as much as I love volunteering there. There are many benefits of volunteering there. My mind is more peaceful and I am happier, I learn cooking techniques and knife skills from a great chef Mike and others. I see what ingredients go into each menu item. I am happy to see that World Peace Cafe only uses the best, organic and locally grown ingredients wherever possible. They buy the highest quality ingredients and support local businesses by shopping at local farmers' markets, as well as purchasing bread, cakes, pastries, juices and coffee from small business owners in the metro Atlanta area. They also offer a wide variety of organic loose teas.

The World Peace Cafe is unlike any other restaurant in Atlanta. Built with donations and by volunteers, and owned and operated by Kadampa Meditation Center Georgia, all of their profits go to support meditation classes and special events designed to help others find peace of mind.

Most of the people who cook and serve their excellent food are volunteers who believe in the premise that

“Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible.” — Ven. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

Peaceful communities and nations begin with peaceful people. Peaceful people have peaceful minds. The mission of the World Peace Cafe and its owner, Rameshori Center, is to help others find a peace arising from within their own mind. When our mind is peaceful, we are happy and we can make others happy. When our mind is unpeaceful, we are unhappy and cannot make anyone happy.






Colorful menu full of delicious food options


Each table has beautiful fresh flowers


Beautiful, unique interior and calming, positive music make everyones dining experience one of a kind


Buddha statue


This is my FAVORITE burger EVER!!! It is the best veggie burger on this planet! The Peace Burger is made with savory vegetables, oats, sunflower seeds, and lots of love. Red beets give this burger the color of beef burger. The texture is absolutely amazing, and the taste is spectacular! I love mine with vegan Russian Dressing and lately also topped with vegan cheese. This mouth-watering burger is my favorite item on their menu :-)


Melissa got the Peace Burger with avocado and loved it. It was her first experience at World Peace Cafe :-)


My husband was not very hungry so he got a bowl of healthy and flavorful lentil, kale, and shiitake mushroom soup. He also got a big pot of hot mint tea.


There are many vegan options on the menu, including lovely cranberry-orange pancakes, Tempeh Reuben (with vegan cheese), Tofu Steak and Fries, salads, soups, and the best vegan cakes in the city.



A great selection of teas :-)


If you are in Atlanta, you have to visit World Peace Cafe !


3 comments:

  1. Just don't get the Tofu Steak and Fries when you visit, right?! :) Great restaurant though - everything else is delicious. I love their vegan chocolate almond cake too. Next time, I'm trying the burger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I agree, the Tofu Steak is not marinated much and lacks "juiciness" and flavor unfortunatelly. But if you cover it with some sauce or ketchup it is OK ;-)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like such a wonderful place! I love what it stands for AND how good the food looks! I think I'd have to order those Orange Cranberry Pancakes if I ever get to go :-)

    ReplyDelete