Monday, December 6, 2010

Mock "Tuna" Salad Sandwich


Few days ago I found this cool vegan cooking blog with video recipes. I saw a recipe for a mock "tuna" salad sandwich that looked very promising. The cook and blogger calls himself the Sexy Vegan. He has some funny and interesting video recipes on his blog, including this one. If you are a Star Wars fan you will love this video recipe. He uses a "real" lightsaber instead of a knife. Are your curious to see how that works out for him? Go over to The Sexy Vegan blog and watch this video recipe.
I have never had a real tuna salad in my entire life. I had fish before I became a vegetarian and later a vegan, but never a tuna salad. I always hated fishy taste and smell so I didn't use the dulse flakes for this salad. I used a little bit of fresh flat leaf parsley instead. This salad blew me away! It was sooooo good! I made one batch with capers and one batch without and both were great. It reminded me an egg salad that I used to like in my pre-vegan days. It was quick and easy to make.

This is the last day when you can enter my Vegan Dream Jerky giveaway. I will randomly pick a winner tonight.


2 comments:

  1. this looks great, i saw your post, watched the video, and picked up capers, green onions and some kelp seasoning. i'll be making this for lunch tomorrow. thanks for posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete