Monday, February 27, 2012

Ensalada Catalana (Catalan Salad)



I took a Mediterranean Cooking Class last month. All recipes were amazing, but the only recipe that I made at home so far, is this potato and bean salad. I made it several times already, it is sooooooo good! I will be making the other recipes soon. This salad is pretty easy to make and it looks beautiful! It is just cooked potatoes, green olives, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, lima beans and some lettuce or mixed herbs as a base, and a herbal salad dressing.
When I first made it, I used the recommended amount of oil for the dressing, 1 full cup of olive oil blended with fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, basil and marjoram), vinegar and a liquid sweetener. The original recipe calls for honey but I used agave nectar instead. All that gets blended in a blender into a smooth, creamy green dressing. It smells divine! However, 1 cup of oil was too much for me so when I made it again, I used mostly water as a base and a tablespoon of oil. It was still very good, but not as greasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment