Monday, February 21, 2011

Tonight's dinner: Homemade falafel and tiramisu, and my Valentine's cupcakes


I made these decadent chocolate cupcakes with chocolate-banana frosting for Valentine's day, along with the handmade decoration (silly, but cute). I used a recipe for the chocolate cupcakes from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romeo. I used their basic chocolate cupcake recipe and I adapted the frosting from the same cookbook (Chocolate buttercream frosting). I used less shortening and almond milk instead of soymilk, plus I added one mashed ripe banana. It turned out great! Less shortening made the frosting lighter and less rich so I could eat more of it :-)



Recently, my working hours have increased so I have been working more hours, along with volunteering which didn't leave me much time or energy for blogging. I have been also working on some product reviews that I will post soon, along with a new giveaway. You will love my upcoming giveaway :-)
I made a homemade falafel with dill-lemon sauce for dinner tonight. I have been wanting to make a vegan tiramisu for years now so I decided to give it a try. I used my own recipe for a vanilla cake that I used for the tiramisu, but I had to get inspiration for the creamy tofu part online. It turned out fantastic!



2 comments:

  1. i love tiramisu,.. never had a vegan version. maybe you might get some energy to post the recipe :) i understand your situation,.. i've been travelling non stop for over 2 months,.. no time to blog, barely time to survive.. love the cakes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo....youre going to bring some cupcakes over here right? :)

    http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete