Friday, October 14, 2011

Olive and Caper Tortilla Chips-Vegan MoFo Day 14



I was craving tortilla chips with hummus and salsa the other day. I usually buy regular, plain and boring salted tortilla chips. But this time I felt adventurous. I saw a green package with the words "Olive & Caper" by Laurel Hill company. Wait a second, olives and capers in tortilla chips? That sounds crazy, right? Usually I consider capers and olives to be Mediterranean food and tortilla chips to be part of Mexican cuisine, but the combination of both spiked my interest. I am always up for trying new foods, especially the stuff that sounds weird, crazy or unique :-)
I was expecting that these chips would have some kind of milk ingredients (that is just my luck, all the cool and interesting looking chips have some milk in them) so I was really excited to see that they were VEGAN :-)
I loved them! I was not able to pinpoint what part of the chip was a pice of olive and what part was a piece of caper, but the symbiosis of both flavors was pretty awesome! The chips had the right amount of saltiness and I ate most of them without any salsa or hummus. I enjoyed them the way I would enjoy potato chips. Really good stuff. I will be buying them again.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an interesting flavor! I'd probably try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, my husband would LOVE these! But I hate olives AND capers, so not my thing :)

    ReplyDelete